‘Tis the season to deck the halls ~ these are a few hotels throughout California that really brings the holiday spirit to their guests.
1500 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Celebrate 130 years of A Christmas Legend at Hotel del Coronado! With the return of Skating by the Sea®, thousands of twinkling lights adorning our iconic red turrets, a nostalgic two-story lobby tree, and legendary holiday events and activities, family and friends will create #delmemories all season long.
Celebrate the Holidays at the Del:
- Skating by the Sea® | November 22, 2018 – January 1, 2019
- Frostbite – A Place to Chill | November 22, 2018 – January 1, 2019
- Turkey Spin | November 22, 2018 | 7:30am
- Thanksgiving Dinner | November 22, 2018 | Crown Room or oceanfront Ballroom
- Holiday Festival | November 28, 2018 | 4:00pm – 7:00pm
- Tinseltone Carolers | November 30, 2018 – December 1, 7-8, 14-15, & 21-25, 2018
- Chanukah – Menorah Lighting | December 2 – 9, 2018 | 4:45pm – 5:30pm
- Chanukah on Ice | December 5, 2018 | 5:00pm
- Brunch with Santa | December 2, 9, 16, and 23, 2018 | 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Legendary Winter Social | December 13, 2018 | 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Santa Spin | December 15, 2018 | 8:30am – 9:30pm
- A Christmas Legend Painting by the Sea | December 15, 2018 | 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Skate with Tara Lipinski | December 15, 2018 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Holiday Movies on the Beach | December 15, 2018 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Holiday Surrey Sleigh Rides | December 15, 2018 – January 6, 2019 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Victorian Teas | December 17-21, 2018 | 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Stockings and Stories | December 18 – 24, 2018 | 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Jingle Roast | December 18 – 24, 2018 | 6:00pm – 9:30pm
- Polar Bear Tea | December 22, 2018 | 11:00am – 4:00pm
- Christmas Eve Crown Room Holiday Dinner | December 24, 2018 | 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Christmas Day Ballroom or Crown Room Holiday Buffet Feast | December 25, 2018 | 11:00am – 5:00pm
- New Year’s Eve Gala | December 31, 2018 – January 1, 2019 | 7:00pm – 1:00am
- Kids and Teens New Year’s Eve Party | December 31, 2018 – January 1, 2019 | 7:00pm – 12:30am
- New Year’s Resolution Spin Class | January 1, 2019 | 7:30am – 8:30am
- New Year’s Day Brunch | January 1, 2019 | 7:30am – 8:30am
Holiday Vacation Offers
SKATING BY THE SEA® ROOM PACKAGES
Create unforgettable holiday memories with a holiday ice skating adventure at Hotel del Coronado or Beach Village at The Del! Both packages include overnight accommodations, 4 Skating by the Sea® passes and a $50 holiday dining credit.
3649 Mission Avenue
Riverside CA 92501
The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa will kick off the holiday season on November 23, 2018 with their 26th Annual Festival of Lights celebration – a free, six-week-long holiday extravaganza featuring one of the nation’s largest holiday light collections of its kind.
The beloved Southern California tradition creates a magical experience in the heart of Riverside and attracts more than 500,000 visitors from all over the world each year, commencing with the famous “Switch-On” Ceremony, a spectacular event in which the castle-like hotel is instantly illuminated with 5 million holiday lights followed by a full fireworks display.
Highlights of Festival of Lights include 200 animated figures including angels, elves and Dickens carolers; appearances by Santa Claus, the world’s largest man-made mistletoe, horse-drawn carriage rides, elf tuck-ins, freshly fallen snow, elaborately decorated Christmas trees; and delectable holiday confections at the famous Casey’s Cupcakes, among other festive offerings.
The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa is pleased to announce new enhancements for the Festival of Lights season. This year, the hotel will be illuminated with 5 million dazzling lights, 200 animated characters, fresh fallen snow, candy themed-decor and much more, including a few surprises!
A new addition this year is the Candy Stroll that will take you down the main walkway, filled with candy décor, under the Campanario with the world’s largest mistletoe, and down the path towards Main Street featuring brightly colored canopy lights, additional candy décor, window displays and more!
Also new, the hotel’s elaborately decorated Christmas tree will be featured outside of the hotel along the Candy Stroll walkway; Breakfast with Santa, each featuring a performance by the Riverside Ballet and story time with Santa; and lastly, the new official merchandise of Mission Inn Hotel & Spa Festival of Lights booth, located on Main Street & Mission Inn Avenue offering logo shirts, hats, sweatshirts, ornaments, lighted toys, gift cards and more.
Breakfast With Santa*
Elegant breakfast buffet with Santa and his friends from Inland Pacific Ballet’s The Nutcracker for a special performance.
Saturday, December 1st and 15th
8:00am & 10:30am
Adults: $39.95 • Children: $19.95 (3-11 yrs. old) – All inclusive
Sunday Champagne Brunch With Santa*
Every Sunday, November 25th – December 23rd
9:30am – 2:00pm
Adults: $47.50 • Children: $24.50 (5-11 yrs. old) – Plus tax & gratuity
Holiday Champagne Brunch
(Thanksgiving & Christmas Day)*
Thursday, November 22nd & Tuesday, December 25th
9:00am – 2:30pm
Adults: $69.50 • Children: $28.95 (5-11 yrs. old) – All inclusive
Thanksgiving Brunch Menu | Christmas Brunch Menu
Mission Inn Restaurant Holiday Dinner Buffet
Every Evening, November 22nd – January 6th
4:00pm – 10:00pm
Adults: $42.95 • Children: $19.95 (5-11 yrs. old) – Plus tax & gratuity
Las Campanas Dinner Buffet
Every Thursday – Sunday, November 22, 2018** – January 6th
5:00pm – 9:00pm
** Special Hours November 22, 2018 | 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Adults: $34.95 • Children: $16.95 (5-11 yrs. old)
Santa Letter Drop Box
Send your child’s Santa Letter express mail. Just drop it in the drop box next to the Concierge desk and they will take care of the rest.
Santa’s Elves Tuck-In*
Surprise your child with a personal visit from Santa’s Elves. A jolly elf will deliver a small, present-filled stocking to our young guests. Santa’s Elves can tuck your little one into bed with a bedtime story and wish them sweet dreams. Includes a keepsake book of “How to Catch an Elf” and a delicious Casey’s Cupcake.
Available November 26th through December 26th
Elf Hours: 7:00pm – 10:00pm • $50 Per Child
Casey’s Holiday Cupcake Turndown*
Includes two Casey’s Cupcakes and two hot cocoas with whipped cream.
*24-hour advance reservations required by calling the Hotel Concierge at 951.341.6701
1600 S Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
You’ll find it’s easy to catch the Yuletide spirit the moment you step inside the Great Hall Lobby. This stunning space becomes even more photo-worthy with festive touches like a larger-than-life gingerbread house and gorgeous Christmas tree. You may even catch ole St. Nick visiting from the North Pole.
Seasonal Offer: Special Gift with Your Stay
Make the holidays even more merry and bright with a limited-edition Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle print—included with each stay at the newly renovated Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa from December 1 through December 21, 2017.
Please note: one print per room reservation issued at check-in. Available while supplies last. Subject to restrictions and changes without notice.
Check room availability online or by calling (714) 520-5050.
We have stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel several times during the holidays over the years. We have always made it an extra magical experience by ordering a Christmas tree for our room. You can order the Disney Woodland Winter Christmas Tree or Dreaming of a Disney Holiday package from Disney Floral & Gifts. It is pricey but the memories made are so worth it.
One Ritz-Carlton Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629
- Gingerbread Extravaganza | November 18, 2018 – January 2, 2019
- Holiday Surfboard Auction | November 17, 2018 – December 31, 2018
- Thanks-for-Giving Buffet | November 22, 2018 | $129 per person
- Raya Thanksgiving | November 22, 2018 | $125 per person
- Enosteak Thanksgiving | November 22, 2018 | $125 per person
- Holiday Tea | November 26 – December 13, 2018 | 2:30pm – 3:30pm | $75 per person
- Yappy Howl-idays | December 2, 2018 | 11:00am – 2pm
- Holiday Storytelling | December 7 – 15, 2018 | 5:00pm – 6pm
- Holiday Boat Parade in Dana Point | December 14 – 15, 2018 | 4:30pm
- Gingerbread House Decorating | December 16, 2018 | 2:00pm – 4pm
- Christmas Day Holiday Buffet | December 25, 2018 | 12pm – 4pm | $129 per adult. $65 per child.
- Raya Christmas Day | December 25, 2018 | 4pm – 9pm | $125 per adult. $65 per child.
- Enosteak Christmas Day | December 25, 2018 | 5pm – 10pm | Full menu with special holiday enhancements.
- Raya New Year’s Eve | December 31, 2018 | 6pm – 10pm | $125 per person.
- Enosteak New Year’s Eve | December 31, 2018 | 6pm – 10pm | $150 per person.
- New Year’s Day Breakfast Buffet | January 1, 2019 | 9am – 11:30am | $80 per person.
For more information and additional details about holidays at The Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel, please click here.
If you would like to recommend another festive hotel to this page, please tell us about it in the comments below or please contact us.
Originally Published 11.15.17 | Last Updated 11.18.18